JANUARY 28, 2023
The Zombie Apocalypse Has Begun!
The the county of San Diego has fallen to the zombie pandemic and has once again pushed the human race to the brink of extinction. Your only chance of survival is through the hoard of zombies awaiting you as you look to escape to the safe zone...
Welcome to San Diego's only Zombie infested 5K and 1 mile fun run.
How It Works...
- You are not running against the clock, but from blood thirsty, virus infected zombies.
- All runners will be given a flag belt (just like those used in flag football). The flags represent your "health"
- If a runner reaches the "Safe Zone" (finish line) with ANY number of flags attached to their belt they will receive a "SURVIVOR" medal
- If a runner reaches the "Safe Zone" (finish line) with no flags attached they will receive an "INFECTED" medal
Special Note: If you form and run as a "TEAM", the team must start and finish together. If any member of the team returns with at least 1 flag, all team members will "survive". (Team of 3)
Survival Skills and Course
- There will be a dedicated start and finish line, with plenty of zombies in between to run away from
- The escape route is a 3 mile trail and bike path loop around Kit Carson Park in Escondido. Participants should expect zombies and minor obstacles throughout the course, with the major "infected" area found within the last mile, just before arriving at the "safe zone".
- Official Course length may vary from person to person. For Example, a direct line of running with no zombie encounters may shorten the course to 2.9-3 miles (good luck with that), while the more zombies you encounter, may force you to extend your distance as you try and escape them.
The 1 Mile Course or Fun Run, will have a 1/4 mile run before runners reach the "infected zombie zone"
Each year the timeline changes for participants to make their way to the SAFE ZONE through the zombie hoard, and in 2023 that time begins at 10:00AM.
What to Expect...
Walkers, Runners, or Crawlers.. the Infected are everywhere, and they are out to get your Health (Flags). Find out when and where you will be able to make your escape to the safe zone and what you should expect along the way.
Zombies want your brains, period! But... our zombies have rules they need to follow to get your brains, we mean flags. The rules are in place to keep everyone safe, so although these rules are for our zombies, it is best everyone knows... and knowing is half the battle.
We are honored to give back to those that risk there lives to keep us safe...
100% of the event's proceeds are being donated to the San Diego Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (SDVOAD).